Backsplashes comes in a wide variety of colors, shapes and sizes. You can make your area as generic as you prefer (for example: rental properties, or sale of a home) or you can make it custom to your personal taste. The different rooms that you can apply backsplash to are most commonly kitchens and bathrooms; however, sometimes they are also used as an accent on a feature wall or fireplace. Adding backsplash to a room can open up the possibilities to add character, add colors or contrasts, and can visually enlarge or enhance a room’s look.
The types of backsplash available from our location are:
- Pros: Visually striking, unique
- Cons: requires sealing every year, variations in stone
- Pro: Easy to clean, brightens up a room
- Con: harder to install
- Pros: Durable, easy to clean, inexpensive
- Cons: Colors vary from lot to lot (make sure you get some extra just in case you need it)
- Pros: Dense, durable, resistant to moisture
- Cons: Requires a special setting material as it is non-porous
Glass & Stone Mixture
- Pros: Custom look
- Cons: Tricky to install, hard to repair
- Pros: Easy to clean, doesn’t need to be sealed or polished
- Cons: Not suitable in bathrooms, hard to install, dents & scratches
Questions? Contact the team of experts at Stoneworks Granite & Quartz today to learn more and get started today!