Ledgestone can transform a room making it look completely different depending on the color you choose; it can look charming and rustic or sleek and elegant. It adds a modern and timeless look to your interior or exterior area. Ledgestone can be applied either horizontally or vertically which completely changes the look of the area. It comes in many colors which add personality, texture and character to your home. It is an inexpensive way to improve the appearance of any room. After a ledgestone installation, it is virtually undetectable to see joints which provide a very clean look (similar to pieces of a puzzle). Many Ledgestone products come with a variation of Limited Warranties from the Manufacturer which covers the defects of the stone itself.
There are two types of Ledgestone:
Natural Ledgestone is composed of slate or quartzite.
Manufactured Ledgestone is composed of a combination of molds, cement, and paint.
Advantages of Ledgestone:
- Visually appealing
- Cost effective
- Fairly easy to install
- Does not need to be sealed
- Suitable in all weather conditions
- Heat resistant (for fireplaces and kitchens)
Disadvantages of Ledgestone:
- Heavy- meaning it may require additional support
- Color on manufactured ledgestone can fade over long term exposure to sunlight
- Color variation of stone
- Very hard to remove once installed (repairs may be required)
Ready to get started? Contact the pros at Stoneworks Granite & Quartz now to get started!